“I’ve seen a lot of changes in dentistry – but one thing that I don’t ever see changing is the importance of personal communication in a dental practice.” – Larry Guzzardo
For nearly 30 years, Larry Guzzardo has built a reputation as one of the industry’s leading practice management consultants. Clients praise him for his hands-on, common sense approach and ability to effect a lasting change on their businesses.
Meet Larry Guzzardo
Larry’s career began more than 25 years ago as a training specialist. He delivered in-house training programs that focused on active listening, customer service, stress management and career development.
Quickly recognizing a need in the dental industry, Larry shifted his talents and experience exclusively towards dental practice management.
“You have to remember that being busy and being productive aren’t always the same thing,” says Larry.
“We tailor programs to the specific goals of a doctor so that they can be more productive, practice the kind of dentistry they want and be able to balance more personal time.”
Working with dentists from across the United States, Larry’s consulting programs focus on three main things:
- Practice Management
- Business Systems
- Leadership Development
In addition to one-on-one consulting, Larry is a professional speaker on topics related to dental practice management. Popular talks include, “Winning Patient Acceptance,” “Business Communication Systems,” and “The Leadership Challenge.”
Larry Guzzardo has also served as a faculty member at the Dawson Center for Advanced Dental Study where he taught patient communication. He is a founder of Scheduling College, an online training and certification for dental practices that utilizes phone service skills and productive scheduling to increase profitability and enhance the patient experience.
Outside of his consulting business, Larry actively promotes adult literacy in the community by volunteering to serve on the Board of Directors for Project READ as chairman of the program development committee.
Wayne State University, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Getting Things Done: Successful Men Speak Insight Publishing
Powerful Practice: Leading Consultants Share Strategies for Practice Success James & Brookfield Publishers
- DiSC Personality Profile
- Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Consultant
Awards & Recognition
- Florida National Dental Congress – Speaker’s Appreciation
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry – Speaker’sAppreciation
- Seattle Study Club – Speaker’s Appreciation
- Holiday Dental Conference – Speaker’s Appreciation
- National University of Mexico – Speaker’s Appreciation
- New York Dental Society, Erie Canal Dental Conference – Speaker’s Appreciation
- Berkshire District Dental Society – Speaker’s Appreciation
- Atlanta Dental Hygienist Association – Speaker’s Appreciation
- Georgia Dental Association – Certificate of Appreciation
- Hinman Dental Society – Certificate of Appreciation
- American Dental Association – Recognition of Contribution
- Speaking Consulting Network – “Spotlight on Speaking” Winner
- Project R.E.A.D. – Recognition of Appreciation
- Dental Office Mangers Association – Speaker’s Appreciation
- Academy of Dental Management Consultants
- Dental Advisory Network – Atlanta, GA
- Speaking Consulting Network